Trucking Accident Lawyer Phoenix AZ
The Importance of Hiring an Attorney to Protect Your Rights
If you are in need of a trucking accident lawyer Phoenix AZ drivers turn to for representation, contact Lorona Mead. If you have been seriously hurt by a reckless or negligent trucker, your rights should be protected. Otherwise, you may lose out on receiving fair compensation for your damages.
At Lorona Mead, our truck accident lawyers in Phoenix AZ have handled a broad range of collisions involving pedestrians, cyclists, passenger vehicles, and commercial trucks. We understand relevant state and federal laws, and we are equipped with resources to aid in our investigations. We work closely with professionals including doctors, scene reconstruction specialists, forensic electronic specialists, engineers, life care planners, and more.
A Phoenix AZ trucking accident lawyer from Lorona Mead may help you recover costs from property damage as well as medical bills. Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for clients. Call us for a free case review to discover how our legal team may be able to help you.
The Complexity of Truck Accident Cases
As a general rule, truck accident litigation can be very complex. Most cases require a trucking accident lawyer to successfully litigate them. There are many reasons for this, but some of the biggest reasons are:
- Most insurance companies make every effort to minimize their payouts on claims. They may also use a delaying tactic in paying in the hope of wearing down the victim to make them give up in pursuing damages. The attorneys of Lorona Mead are familiar with these methods. We fight hard for our clients and pursue maximum damages and a timely payout on their behalf.
- Defending against victim lawsuits can be expensive for insurance companies. The attorneys at Lorona Mead can often negotiate a settlement for the maximum amount possible in lieu of taking the insurance company to court. This benefits our clients because they can move on with their lives sooner, and get the compensation they deserve.
- Trucking accident claims and lawsuits can involve multiple defendants. In addition to the trucker, the trucking company, truck manufacturer, and freight company might all be held liable to some extent for the accident victim’s injuries and damages. To successfully litigate these kinds of cases, it may be critically important to hire an experienced trucking accident lawyer in Phoenix AZ.
Recover Your Truck Accident Damages
Collisions between pedestrians or passenger vehicles and trucks are often very serious. This is because the size and weight of trucks can inflict tremendous damage during a collision. When you hire a trucking accident lawyer Phoenix AZ provides, he or she can pursue compensation for your accident related damages. Some of the most common damages include:
- Medical costs: surgery, post-surgery, physical rehabilitation, doctor’s visits, medications, etc.
- Future medical costs, such as likely surgeries and long term rehabilitation or other treatments.
- Wages lost due to inability to work, partial wages for reduced workloads, wage differential if your injury forces you to take a lower-paying job.
- Pain and suffering, a dollar amount which can be challenging to assess. An experienced trucking accident lawyer Phoenix AZ accident victims have hired in similar circumstances can more adequately determine an appropriate monetary value.
- Loss of enjoyment or happiness due to the injury or injuries suffered. An experienced attorney can help you to make this determination.
The Legal Process of Truck Accident Claims in Phoenix AZ
Step 1: Initial Consultation
When you schedule your free consultation with Lorona Mead, we will listen to what happened and ask you some general questions about the accidents. We may also help you to understand any relevant laws and the typical process of a truck accident claim.
Step 2: Discovery
When we pursue a case, our truck accident lawyers and staff begin to gather evidence and establish facts about the accident. This step takes copious amounts of time, dedication, and attention. We may review the truck’s black box, logbooks, records, company files, and surveillance footage. We might also interview witnesses, ask for expert opinions, and talk with anyone who might have been directly involved. During the discovery process, we seek to obtain all the right information to prove a claim.
Step 3: Demand Compensation
As soon as we are able to establish liability on part of the truck driver, truck company, or other related party, we determine how much money our client should receive. This amount ideally covers all current losses as well as losses in the future. Our truck accident lawyers may decide to make a “demand” to the insurance company of the liable parties. In general, this is denied or a low counter offer is made. Rest assured, we do not settle for less than what our clients and their families deserve.
Step 4: Negotiations and Mediations
After a counteroffer is made, we continue making demands. The objective will be for both sides to come to a mutual agreement without undermining the needs of our client. It is also possible that we will reach the point of mediation. This may involve meetings with a mediator, insurance companies, and other parties. This is not a trial, but may include statements from both sides. A majority of cases in Phoenix AZ are resolved during mediation.
Step 5: Trial
If our demands, negotiation, or mediation all fails, and we are unable to reach an acceptable settlement offer, a truck accident lawyer may take the case to trial. Many firms choose not to go to trial, but Lorona Mead is not afraid. We have experienced trial lawyers who understand local courthouse procedures and do not hesitate when a claim requires a courtroom trial.
Hire the Right Attorney in Phoenix AZ
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you might be wondering what to do next. You likely want the best possible medical treatment and effective, supportive legal representation. Once your immediate needs have been taken care of, it may be time to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident lawyer who can discuss your claim and guide you through the process.
Hiring an attorney who thoroughly understands complex trucking laws can make all the difference in your case. Contact an experienced Lorona Mead trucking accident lawyer Phoenix AZ commuters call first.