Glendale Uber Accident Lawyer
Uber, and similar ridesharing services, have become incredibly popular across the United States, and Glendale is no exception. This is not remotely surprising when you consider the advantages Uber has to offer over traditional cabs, including:
- Quick and convenient access using a cellphone app
- Swift response times, coupled with the ability to see exactly how long your Uber driver will take to arrive to your pickup point
- Driver details tracked on the app
- Cheaper, more affordable fares, perhaps with the exception of busy periods where surge pricing applies
- Card payments remove the need to carry cash
- Drivers can be rated and reviewed by passengers
Nothing comes without a cost, however, and in the case of Uber, this becomes evident should you be involved in an Uber accident. Due to the complexities of navigating the legalities of such an incident, it is strongly recommended that you hire a Glendale Uber accident attorney to recover the compensation you are entitled to.
Our expert legal guidance and representation could prove invaluable when you have been injured in an Uber accident.
Common Injuries Arising From Glendale Uber Accidents
The injuries sustained in Glendale Uber accident tend to be very similar to those arising from any other Glendale car accident. While you may escape from a minor bump with just a few bruises and, if you were in your own car when struck by an Uber, some small cosmetic damage to your vehicle. Unfortunately, numerous more serious collisions happen on the roads on a regular basis, inflicting life-changing and life-limiting injuries such as:
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Back injuries
- Broken or fracture limbs
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe cuts, lacerations, and bruising
How Often Do Uber Accidents Really Happen in Glendale, Arizona?
As Uber is a relatively new concept, there is still a lack of specific rideshare-related accident statistics available. However, as Uber drivers use their own vehicles while transporting passengers, the general Arizona car accident statistics are relevant. According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, in 2016 alone:
- An average of 2.6 people per day are killed on Arizona roads, meaning one fatality happened every 9.2 hours
- 155 people sustained injuries in traffic accidents each day, or one every 9 minutes
- Alcohol played a role in just under 4% of all collisions, but almost 35% of all fatal Arizona car accidents, with around 80% of alcohol-related accidents occurring in urban areas, such as Glendale
- 72% of all crashes happened in daylight hours, defined as being between 6am and 6pm
In Glendale, 2014 figures illustrate that vehicles, some of which may well have been Ubers, contributed to:
- 17 fatal accidents, involving a total of 22 vehicles
- 2 of these fatal accidents involved alcohol
- 34 people were involved in these fatal accidents, with 17 sustained fatal injuries
- 11 pedestrians sustained fatal injuries in Glendale car accidents
Have You Been Injured? Speak to a Glendale Uber Accident Attorney Today
When you have been injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you deserve outstanding legal representation. To secure the services of an expert Glendale Uber accident attorney, call us today on 602-388-1025 for a free initial consultation.