Glendale Lyft Accident Lawyer
Although they have some very outspoken critics – including numerous city councils and cab firms – Lyft, and similar ridesharing services, have become incredibly popular across the United States, and Glendale is no exception. The popularity of ridesharing services becomes obvious when you consider the advantages Lyft has to offer over traditional cabs, including:
- Quick and convenient access using a cellphone app
- Swift response times, coupled with the ability to see exactly how long your Lyft driver will take to arrive to your pickup point
- Driver details, including the car’s license plate, can be tracked on the app
- Cheaper, more affordable fares, perhaps with the exception of some busy periods where surge pricing applies
- Card payments remove the need to carry cash
- Drivers can be rated and reviewed by passengers
- Pickup from anywhere, when it is convenient to you
Nothing comes without a cost, however, and in the case of Lyft, this becomes evident should you be involved in aLyft accident. Due to the complexities of the Arizona legal system, it is strongly recommended that you hire a Glendale Lyft accident attorney to handle your lawsuit.
Our expert legal guidance and representation could prove invaluable when you have been injured in a Lyft accident.
How Often Do Lyft Accidents Really Happen in Glendale, Arizona?
As Lyft is a relatively new concept, there is still a lack of specific rideshare-related accident statistics available. However, as Lyft drivers use their own vehicles while transporting passengers, the general Arizona car accident statistics are relevant. According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, in 2016 alone:
- An average of 2.6 people per day are killed on Arizona roads, meaning one fatality happened every 9.2 hours
- 155 people sustained injuries in traffic accidents each day, or one every 9 minutes
- Alcohol played a role in just under 4% of all collisions, but almost 35% of all fatal Arizona car accidents, with around 80% of alcohol-related accidents occurring in urban areas, such as Glendale
- 72% of all crashes happened in daylight hours, defined as being between 6am and 6pm
In Glendale, 2014 figures illustrate that various vehicles, some of which may well have been operating for Lyft at the time, contributed to:
- 17 fatal accidents, involving a total of 22 vehicles
- 2 of these fatal accidents involved alcohol
- 34 people were involved in these fatal accidents, with 17 sustained fatal injuries
- 11 pedestrians sustained fatal injuries in Glendale car accidents
Have You Been Injured? Speak to a Glendale Lyft Accident Attorney Today
Determining liability following a Glendale Lyft accident can quickly become a very complicated and involved process. Depending on the injuries you have sustained, and the circumstances surrounding the crash, the courts may decide that your Lyft driver, Lyft as an entity, another motorists, you, or any combination of the above are wholly or partly to blame. Without relevant legal knowledge and experience, you could be left without the monetary damages you are entitled to receive, and fully deserve.
When you have been injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you deserve outstanding legal representation. To learn more about hiring an expert Glendale Lyft accident attorney with a proven track record of success, call Lorona Mead Attorneys at Law today on 602-554-0006 to schedule your free initial consultation.