A cyclist who has suffered injuries from a collision with a car or another motor vehicle should not hesitate to contact a central Phoenix AZ bicycle attorney for help. The insurance piece of a bike accident injury claim can prove to be challenging, but that is all the more reason to seek legal representation. If you are seeking compensation for accident-related injuries, a bicycle attorney central Phoenix knows and trusts can be the key to navigating just how to do so.
Proving Liability in Bicycle Accident Cases
Having a Central Phoenix AZ bicycle attorney is crucial because at the center of your claim is the question of liability. Drivers who collide with cyclists often seek to prove that the cyclists were at fault. Ensuring you have sufficient evidence from the scene of the accident can boost your claim, help your lawyer work with the insurance company more smoothly, and better prove the driver who caused your injuries was negligent.
Preserving the following kinds of evidence can help:
- Your bicycle and cycling equipment. Do not move or try to repair your bicycle or gear after the accident; take photos of them as soon as possible to prove the extent of the damage.
- The accident scene. Photograph any effects the accident had on the road itself, including skid marks, as well as conditions such as potholes that could have contributed to the accident.
- The police report. When the police arrive at the scene of the accident, be cooperative and honest, but refrain from speculating or admitting fault. What they write in their report can end up being helpful to your claim.
- Witness testimonies, if available. If anyone else saw the accident occur, their accounts may be able to help prove the motorist’s liability. You and your central Phoenix AZ bicycle attorney should find out what they saw, and get their contact information.
How Cyclists Can Receive Compensation
The best course for recovering damages for your injuries may depend on the primary insurance coverage of each individual involved in the accident, including you. Your options will likely include:
- Filing a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Called a third-party claim, this is your main option when the driver was liable.
- Filing a claim through your own health insurance policy. If the driver or another party can be held liable for the accident, it is also likely that your insurer will contact the at-fault party’s insurers for compensation.
- Filing a claim with personal injury protection coverage through your car insurance policy, if possible.
Determining which is the optimal next step for you is dependant on the circumstances of your accident. Your central Phoenix AZ bicycle attorney from Lorona Mead can speak with you about these options and offer guidance that can help you choose your best options.
Contact Us: Work With a Bicycle Attorney in Central Phoenix Today
Lorona Mead is a firm whose attorneys have represented accident victims for over 50 years, and can help you with your bicycle accident claim. When you’re ready to seek the compensation that you deserve, give us a call today at 602-385-6825, and schedule a free case evaluation with a central Phoenix AZ bicycle attorney who cares and can help.