Car Accident Lawyer Phoenix AZ
What Not to Do After a Car Accident
car accident lawyer Phoenix AZ drivers trust to protect their rights. If you’ve been seriously injured by a negligent driver, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement for your costs.
When you file an insurance claim or lawsuit following an injury accident, a car accident lawyer in Phoenix AZ from Lorona Mead may represent you and look after your best interests. We offer car accident victims a free case review, so call for an appointment and find out how our attorneys may help you. In the meantime, here is a guideline of what to do after a car accident.
- Tell the truth. After a car accident, lying about the facts as you understand them is not only unethical, it’s illegal. It’s not unusual in personal injury cases for the at-fault party to hire an investigator to verify information about you. They may even place you under surveillance and videotape your actions in public in order to catch you in lie. For instance, if you’ve claimed your injury prevents you from heavy lifting, they may try to film you lifting a heavy object. Even if you’re the victim of an accident, lying about something related to your case can get your claim or lawsuit dismissed. Depending on the circumstances and the nature of your dishonesty, you could even face jail time.
- Don’t discuss your case with anyone associated with the at-fault party. Leave that to a car accident lawyer Phoenix AZ drivers recommend you hire. This eliminates the possibility of you innocently saying something that might be used against you.
- Don’t talk about the accident on social media. Even if you think your privacy settings are such that an insurance claim adjuster or defense attorney can’t see them, they might be able to. Don’t post old or new pictures of you engaging in sports or other physical activities. Your social media posts and information could be used against you.
- Don’t sign or agree to a settlement before talking to your Phoenix car accident lawyer from Lorona Mead. Very likely, one of our attorneys may negotiate for the highest possible settlement on your behalf. Don’t settle for what the insurance company offers you.
- Don’t miss the statute of limitations window to file your claim. A car accident lawyer Phoenix AZ injury victims rely on will make sure your claim is filed before crucial deadlines.
- Save evidence. Whether it’s photos of the accident scene, the clothing you were wearing at the time, or the police report, keep them in a safe place. For clothing you were wearing, keep it in the condition it was in at the time of the accident — don’t wash it. When you hire a car accident lawyer Phoenix AZ community members recommend, he or she may review the evidence you have and if it’s necessary for the case.
Lorona Mead is Here for You
Our attorneys have handled thousands of personal injury cases and are knowledgeable about the laws governing car accident claims and litigation. Call us today to speak with a Lorona Mead car accident lawyer Phoenix AZ offers.